[augeas-devel] Making a release

David Lutterkort lutter at watzmann.net
Fri Apr 29 17:43:50 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 12:41 AM, Raphaël Pinson <
raphael.pinson at camptocamp.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>

> Great to know that a release is on the way!
>

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:45 AM David Lutterkort <lutter at watzmann.net>
> wrote:
>
>> One thing that I didn't notice until now was that the Json lens has seen
>> quite a bit of change and now accepts comments - while that's definitely a
>> much nicer format than 'standard' Json, I wonder if it wouldn't be better
>> to do that with a different lens, say 'JsonWithComments' and leave the
>> existing Json lens as it was.
>>

> I think that depends if one cares about validating the format using the
> lens or not. Supporting comments only harms if you're using the lens to
> make sure the file is standard Json, but I'm not sure sure Augeas is the
> best tool for this anyway.

It also changes the structure of the tree, though it's all empty nodes.
More importantly though, I always looked at it as a fairly straightforward
example of how to use recursive lenses, and comments distract a bit from
that. Would you be opposed to a PR that adds a JsonCComments lens and
restores the Json lens to just plain old json ?