Re: [augeas-devel] Saving changed tree to file does not work but no error message

Hello Christoph and happy new year to you too!

Your code doesn't check for errors (either parsing or saving errors). You could add checks (looking for `/augeas//error` nodes) just after your call to aug_load (for parsing errors) and to aug_save (for saving errors).

One way to debug your code would also be to try it with augtool, which would be easier to debug.

Also, are you aware of the netcf project, which provides a higher API on top of Augeas to access and modify /etc/network/interfaces?

Cheers,

Raphaël