[augeas-devel] Please confirm: Augeas cannot use number labels in node tests

Hello Augeas experts,

can someone please confirm to me, that Augeas is unable to relate to numbered nodes in nodes tests with their label?

augtool> set /a/1 "first"
augtool> set /b/1 "second"
augtool> match /*[1 = "second"]
error: Invalid path expression
error: type error
/*[1 = "second"]|=|

There are alternative expressions one can use to pick the right node - e.g.

augtool> match /*[*[1] = "second"]
/b = (none)
augtool> match /*[*[label() = "1"][. = "second"]]
/b = (none)

But still I'm wondering whether this is intentional.

Ciao,
Xavier.

PS: This one obviously fails, because the string "1" will never equal "second"...

augtool> match /*["1" = "second"]
  (no matches)

****
Karlsruher Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

B. Sc. Xavier Mol
GridKa Storage Administrator and Support Manager

Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
Geb. 449
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen
Phone: +49 721 608 23041
Email: xavier mol kit edu
www.kit.edu
KIT - University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and National Large-scale Research Center of the Helmholtz Association
"Since 2010, the KIT has been certified as a family-friendly university."
****