[augeas-devel] Bumping the ruby version for ruby-augeas

David Lutterkort lutter at watzmann.net
Thu May 5 00:51:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:47 PM, David Lutterkort <lutter at watzmann.net>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Pat Riehecky <riehecky at fnal.gov> wrote:
>
>> Is there any worry about RHEL6 compat?  Latest version there is 1.8.7.
>> I'm more or less comfortable with the augeas that is in RHEL6 today, but I
>> can't speak for others.
>>

> Yeah, it's a big concern; I think the upshot of this thread is that we
> should add some Ruby versions to Travis (like 2.0.0-p648 because of CentOS
> 7 and 2.3.1 since it's the latest) but continue building with 1.8.7 and
> 1.9.3 as long as it doesn't cause any issues.

Digging a little more into what's happening, we haven't had a successful
build in Travis in about 3 years:
https://travis-ci.org/hercules-team/ruby-augeas/builds

After way too much fiddling around I have it now building against 1.8.7,
1.9.3, 2.0.0 and 2.3.1 with PR 7
<https://github.com/hercules-team/ruby-augeas/pull/7>