Re: [augeas-devel] Help regarding union.put overlap with INI-like format

On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 14:05:07 CET Raphaël Pinson wrote:
> Here's my take on it, which passes the tests, except for the empty
> variable, which I've mapped to no value, as done in other INI lenses:
>
> https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/compare/master...raphink:semanage

Interesting -- what changed everything was the way the subtree for a
group is labelled:
- my initial version was:
  let title = IniFile.title (IniFile.record_re - /^end$/)
- your proposal is:
  let title = IniFile.title_label "@group" (IniFile.record_re - /^end$/)

Indeed your version does not have union.put overlap issues. I adopted
this change (thanks!), and sent it as RR:
https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/pull/594
... which you just merged (thanks!).

Still I'm curious to know why using the same string as label for a
subtree is problematic.

--
Pino Toscano