Re: [augeas-devel] Gnulib failures in Fedora Rawhide

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 10:02 AM Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 07, 2019 at 06:48:04PM -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 1:36 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange redhat com>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes, I can easily reproduce it.  I tried building augeas from git
> > but failed - having some problems with lexer.c always being an
> > empty file - probably a missing build dep but configure didn't
> > report any problems
> >

> Strange. What version of flex was that using?

It's been a while since we ran this but the version of flex was likely
2.6.4.  However it hasn't changed for quite a while so I guess that's
not going to be the problem.

That's really strange since lexer.c is generated with a pretty vanilla flex setup. I haven't encountered any issues with it locally (though I am still on flex 2.6.1)

In the hope that it may help, I updated gnulib to the latest version, and made a tarball. Not sure if it will help, but there's always hope ;)
http://download.augeas.net/tmp/augeas-1.11.0-44-g0ec30142.tar.gz

David