[augeas-devel] quick question about augeas and readline dependency

Hi,

I would like to try - again - to get certbot working on my platform
(AIX). As a dependency, acme needs python-augeas (which needs libaugeas,
which seems to need readline).

a) I can build readline - to get this resolved - IF augeas makes heavy
use of readline (all packages I have packaged previously either do not
need it, or it is optional - hence I am checking).

b) Is there a possibility for augeas to run without readline, and if yes
- I can look in configure.ac, but would appreciate help there - all via
github iirc.

So, quick question is: is readline absolutely necessary - yes/no answer
is fine.

Sincerely,

Michael