Re: Compiling SSH for RH5.1 on a UDB

Thompson Freeman wrote:

> Is there a fixed release of the egcs compiler to install yet?

I am using various releases egcs on Alpha from at least this winter
and I never had any serious problems.  In particular all kernels -
many of them on different machines - work just fine.

This is not the same for various "snapshots".  I did have troubles
and I send bug reports to egcs-bugs@cygnus.com.  This is exactly what
these "snapshots" are for - a work-in-progress for you to test.

AFAIK egcs compiler which found its way onto RH 5.1 is a pre-release
snapshot of 1.0.3.  Relkese 1.0.3a seems fine to me.

  Michal