Re: Not at axp-list, please (was Re: QT non-open source!)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, B. James Phillippe wrote:

> I beg for members of this list to refrain from taking up arms in the
> religiopoliticalegal Qt/GTK KDE/Gnome debate here.  This is an extremely
> volatile topic (if you're on linux-kernel, you know what I'm talking about)
> and has no direct relevance on axp-list.  Please let's be careful with this
> topic and leave it alone unless it relates to Linux running on Digital's
> (most excellent) Alpha processor.  Please flame me personally.

Actually, I would like a tad more discussion on it, but only about Qt and
not about everyone's preference of WMs/desktop environments.   Since I'm
not running RedHat (I'm porting Debian), I don't have Qt and probably
won't.  I'm hoping a little discussion on this will inspire someone to
either lobby for licensing changes, write a GPL'ed replacement, or
something that'll let me have Qt compiled under Debian-Alpha also.