Alpha Linux box as PPP router

Hi all,

I would like to set my up Linux box (a UDB running RH5.1) as a
dial-on-demand PPP router.  That is, I want it to have connections both to
my local private Ethernet (with 192.168.x.x numbers), and to masquerade
and route traffic from the LAN to the Internet via a PPP connection to my
ISP.  I also would like it to dial my ISP automatically if it sees traffic
and is not connected.  Has anybody done this in the past, and is there any
prior information about doing this?  Or do I need to figure it out for
myself?  Any info or hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Matt