Mikasa SRM booting problem

I've got an Alpha Server 1000 that I'm trying to boot with SRM.  I'm using
redhat 5.2.

I dd the mikasa-s.img file to a floppy and then try to boot the disk as
outlined in the manual like this:

boot dva0 -fi vmlinux.gz -fl "root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1"

Unfortunately, it won't boot.

It gets to the point where it decompresses the kernel.  Right after, the
screen goes blank and then it switches back to the screen that says it's
decompressing vmlinux.gz and I get the following:

CPU 0 HALT

HALT CODE=6

Any idea what is going on here?

BTW....I do have a working MILO for this but I don't want to boot using
MILO.

Jason Fiset            |            E-Mail:              jfiset@island.net