Re: faster multia machine.

pancho@galaxy.lca.uevora.pt wrote:

> hello all
>
> My multia (233 MHz cpu) seems a little slow. How can I accelerate it?
>
> also the scrolling in the xterm is slow, is there any way to change this?

About all I can think of is to add more RAM and/or get a faster scsi
HDD. The 2.5" Toshiba that came stock in these machines is not too
great.

If you could get hold of the 1MB cache module this would help as well
but I have not heard of anybody actually getting one of these.

Faster Alpha machines are getting pretty cheap these days though.

--
Brian E.W. Wood  beww@intac.com