Re: hpscanpbm

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Brian E.W. Wood wrote:

> Has anybody managed to get hpscanpbm running an a RH5.0 Alpha system?
> This is the driver needed to make tkscan work with an HP scanner.
>
> It is just a little c source file, but it fails to compile because it is
> looking for a /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/sg.h header file, which does
> not exist
>
> XVscan works great for graphics work but tkscan seems like a good
> solution for copying or faxing documents so I'd like to get it working
> if I can.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome as usual, thanks.

I would advise to switch to SANE for this. Inthere you will find a script
called 'xerox' with will scan a page and print it out. And SANE does run
perfectly here with RHL 5.0 on my Alpha.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)