No video signal at all

Dear All,

I am having trouble with my AlphaStation 500/266 aka Alcor / XLT:

Starting with a disk crash that seems to be final ( even low level formatting
the SCSI disk, a Barracuda 2LP OEM with DEC fimware, doesn't help ). When I
plug the disk into the machine, doing a hardware detection on ARC console
shows the device. Booting milo and running "show" does hang when scanning the
bus if this disk is on the bus, but works fine with all other devices.
Well I took out the disk and tried to install the system to an other disk. I
used Redhat-5.1 images which at some point gave me an signal 11 error message,
shutdown automatically and told me I could savely reboot the system. So I
pressed reset ( on the box ), and haven't gotten any video signal since !
I checked the monitor is working, I used a different video card, nothing seems
to help at all.

I would appreciate your help very much.

Greetings,
Jochen
  Jochen Kuepper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf   jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de
  Institut fuer Physikalische Chemie I
  Universitaetsstrasse 26.43.02.29          phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 Duesseldorf                         fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany