Re: AlphaBIOS Utility programs?

Philip Blundell wrote:

> Stephen Williams wrote:
>
> >I would love to see the output of "lspci -vx" on your system. There is
> >something highly funky here. A single card is not supposed to have more
> >than 1 device number. (It can have 8 *function* units, but only 1 device.)
>
> The Adaptec multi-channel cards have a PCI-PCI bridge on, and several SCSI
> chips sitting behind it.
>
> p.

OK. That explains this device I think:

  Bus  0, device   1, function  0:
    PCI bridge: Intel Unknown device (rev 2).
      Vendor id=8086. Device id=7191.
      Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=128.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x40010100.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x22a0c0c0.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfd90fd90.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf460f460.

Then it makes me wonder how IRQ's are handled across
PCI-PCI bridges. I know this card is a pain in the butt
to get working because it's use of IRQ's conflicts with
the slots on the motherboard. That's part of what I was
saying before. I assume when a bridge is used, you have
no choice except to share IRQ's since the PCI bus has
only 4 IRQ's??

Wes