Re: SCSI vs IDE on UX boards

>>> Erik Lindahl said:
>
> I figured out that the UX board has an intel 82371SB SIO chip.
> This contains the intel PIIX IDE chipset (Triton I/II) that
> is supported under linux-intel at least.
> What do you think the chances are that it will be useable in an axp kernel?

I believe I tried activating that driver under the enhanced IDE chipsets,
and, while it *did* build OK, the machine wouldn't boot beyond the IDE
probing... :-\

So, someone with time and knowledge needs to have a look...

--Jay++

  American Non Sequitur Society: we don't make sense, but we do like pizza...

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Motherboards - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corporation                (508) 841-3241 or (DTN) 237-3241
334 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545     Jay.Estabrook@digital.com