Re: current hardware / network card FAQ?

With regards to your message at 05:45 PM 11-20-98 +0000, jmd. Where you
stated:
>Hi,
>
>I would like to install a network card in my Cabriolet. I have some old
>stuff laying around (ARCNet cards and Hubs..SMC cards) and I'd like to
>find out if any would be compatible with my board and RH 5.1.
>
>Considering the prices it may be wise to buy new (and maybe easier to
>work with) cards. Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>TIA
>jeff
Hey Jeff, quite a few things work, including probably one of those you have.
Look at:
http://beowulf.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/#PCI

If any of the cards you have fit with that list you are in good shape.

Best regards,

  Maurice W. Hilarius                   Telephone: 01-403-414-9319
  Hard Data Ltd.                      **FAX:       01-403-456-1510
  11060 - 166 Avenue                    email:maurice@harddata.com
  Edmonton, AB, Canada  - T5X 1Y3       http://www.harddata.com