Re: Multia 5.2 Out of Memory

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 12:37:35PM -0500, Dave Beck wrote:

> I have 64mb in all my udb boxen.  They all netboot and use nfs root
> filesystems.  I routinely compile kernels and other software while
> running X.  Occasionally they hit swap during such a session, but
> for the most part, they are swap free and perform rather well for
> being completely diskless.

I agree.  More is better when it comes to memory, but I have 64M in my
UDB, and it runs comfortably as a desktop workstation: four or five xterms,
a web browser, a few emacs's some compiles in the background...

(well, compilation will never be fast on the multia -- not even with
a terabyte...:-=)

--Mark