Re: emacs lock-ups

Matt Nelson wrote:

> i have a user who is experiencing lockups while using emacs on our lx566
> running red hat 5.0 (mostly updated - current as of about a week ago).

Yeap!

> he sees no such problems from our 5.1/intel boxes.

Nor I see such problems running 5.1 on Alpha.

> has anybody seen this problem?  any fixes?

Some, but they only alleviate troubles and not kill them outright.
You may put (cannot-suspend t) into site-start.el or a private .emacs
file.  Recompiled with a library with a saner select() goes quite far.
The best fix here is to upgrade to 5.1.  Emacs in 5.0 on Alpha, all
releases, has hiccups.

  Michal