Re: Stable vs Dev. Kernels

Barrett G. Lyon wrote:

> I have a 21164sx, and I am currently running 2.0.35.  I did run the dev
> kernels a long time ago.  I'm wonder'n how the new dev kernels hold up to
> the older stable kernels.  Do they have better Alpha support?  Do they fix
> some of the odd quirks that the 2.0.35 kernels have?

I use 2.1.115 at home at the moment and other than one known bug its held
up pretty well (this is on an LX).  That one bug is switching virtual consoles
under X which causes a completely solid hang.

Other than that it seems to be handling everything perfectly; ethernet, EIDE,
SCSI, sound.

Dave

- Dr. David Alan Gilbert - WARNING! This is a beta release .signature-
- Work:    dg @ cogency.co.uk        - +44-(0)161-428-9444           -
- Home:    gro.gilbert @ treblig.org -                               -