Re: DEC AlphaStation 200 4/233 Question.

At 02:28 AM 9/10/98 -0400, you wrote:

>>This message "data type 9 not supported" is a message from an older
>>version of 'rpm' program itself - which indeed does not support such
>>data.  How did you managed to get this?  Are you using some rather old
>>boot floppies?
>
>I downloaded them from the redhat ftp site just the other day.  I got rh5.1
>alpha from ftp.cdrom.com.  The instructions didn't seen to follow my boot
>disks installation screen.  I had to hunt for the avanti image.  Is that
>the one that would have rpm?

The avanti.img I found was from
ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/linux/redhat/redhat-5.1/alpha/images/ dated
nov. 12, 1997.  I also found there avanti-s.img with a date of may 12,
1998.  When I try it, I get "device-interupt: unexpected interupt 0" after
the kernel unzips.