Re: my X server crashes

> when running my alpha/java jdk116 with a matrix & redhats XFree86 for
> 5.1, i get an alignment failure in the mga ( matrox video ) driver.
> i'm having trouble finding who to email this AXP alignment problem, but
> am unable to find a good email address. Ie the core team for
> matrox/linux.

	That is a known problem, and is fixed in my patch sets which
	have (mostly) been incorporated with RedHat's  rawhide development
	series.

	You should get new working version of SVGA driver from
	the RH5.1 updates, or from the 'rawhide' series
	(ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/rawhide/alpha/)

> gat.
> BTW. in the mean time, is there a way to tell the "c" compiler that the
> int pointer is ( most likely ) unaligned ??? like pragma unaligned??

	No.

	Btw, XFree86 development sources don't have these MGA problems,
	the code in there is major way revised...

/Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@sonera.fi>