egcs 1.1 installation

  I couldn't find any egcs-1.1b RPMs so I attempted to compile and
install it myself on my RH 5.1 system.  I didn't touch the source at
all and just did a ./configure && make && make install and that
completed without errors.  HOWEVER gcc -v still lists the old version
because it appears that its still using the stuff in /usr/lib/gcc-lib
from egcs 1.02 instead of the new stuff in /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib. I
tried making the former just a symlink to the latter but that didn't
work. What manual steps do I need to take to tell the compiler where
all its new files are now located?  RPMs anyone?

	- Murray