UX problems

 Hi,

I'm the getting the following problems with 600mhz UX2. Nothing too
serious just irritants that could do with being ironed out.

During milo i receive

1.
dev_config:fixing up latency from 243 to 32 for 1011:21
plus about 8 other similar messages.

2.
After installation the machine goes down for reboot but halts after
the final message.

3.
PCI_COMMAND INVALIDATE not set
&
WRITE AND INVALIDATE not set

During scsi boot. I think these are specific to settings for the
Symbios Logic 53C875 scsi controller so i don't think they are too
important.

4.
device interrupt: unexpected interupt 14

5.
eth0: media unconnected, link down or incompatible connection.

I read somewhere that the dec 21143 onboard ethernet during NT logon
can take a while while it searches the network. This could just be the
Linux equivalent.
I may disconnect the 21143 (possible in advance setup) and replace
with a pci D-Link DFE500TX (tulip) 10/100 or pci 3com Ne2000 10mbit.

And last but not least.

6.
During reboot. Eveything goes as normal then I get

reboot (575):Oops 1
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual adress
plus about another 10 lines of abstract errors.

The system comprises

600mhz cpu
UX 2mb
9.1 gb IBM 9ES UW
128 MB ECC SDRAM
MMII 8MB in 64bit pci slot.

Apart from the above problems and Deskstations rigmarole for starting
X the system runs very fast and smoothly.

 Kind regards,

Peter Watkinson
peter@peterw.demon.co.uk
http://www.peterw.demon.co.uk/