Re: du Netscape dns

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980922115140.26689D-100000@celt.network1.net>, Randy
Carpenter writes:

> > I've never seen this problem, and I've run Netscape on Intels, Alphas and S
>parc
> > machines.
> >
> > Guess I'm just lucky??
>
> Maybe I'm just unlucky :)

No, its a common problem.

Even people who have told me they don't have the problem, do in
fact have it.  A lot of times you won't know it.  The error can
show up as a long delay that you might attribute to slow networking
or something like that.  A good test is to run another browser and
see who gets that initial connection faster or at all.

Netscape has some severe problems.

You should strace/ltract it sometime and see how many calls it makes,
even when it supposedly should be idle.

--
csh - shendrix@widomaker.com - http://www.widomaker.com - Linux 2.0.x
"Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards, for thou art crunchy, and