syslogd

The 'syslogd' problem is known about, and has hundreds of messages in older
threads talking about it.

Nobody knows what eats up FDS and inodes, but it happens to me also.  I
also noticed huge problems with wu-ftpd.  I think there are problems in the
Linux kernel for the 21164sx support PCI maybe?  Maybe there is some
relation to the odd clock problems that were 'fixed' with milo.  I wonder
if people that have the clock that runs 2X faster than normal, and have the
milo fix are the same ones that have the inode/fds/pci problems.

-Barrett

--
Barrett G. Lyon                               PGP Key: http://www.doxx.net/pgp
Data & Network Security Consultant                Fax: 310-737-0196