RE: 3305 and RH6 boot problems

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Chris Cohen wrote:

> Rich,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.  I tried this and got much the same response.  I
> changed the boot flags to add the ramdisk command but ended up at the same
> basic spot.  I also tried booting from the CD with the disk in with this
> command:
>
> boot dka400 -file vmlinux.gz -flags "root=dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1"
>
> dka400 being the CD, of course.  I got all excited until I couldn't find
> anything on the CD that was called vmlinux.gz (there's a generic.img and a
> bootlx file?)  So close?!?!?!?

OK, if you want to install from just the CD (should be possible):

boot dka400 -fi kernels/generic.gz -fl "root=/dev/scd0"

if this fails, you might need the root fs as a floppy, write the
images/ramdisk.img file to a floppy (using dd under UNIX for rawrite under
dos) then you would use:

boot dka400 -fi kernels/generic.gz -fl "root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1"

hope that helps.

--rdp