Re: Help needed installing RH6.0 from CD using SRM console

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Ian Davidson wrote:

> None, as I'm using SRM I have a terminal on com 1.

AHA! Well, first you'll need to pass the console parameter to the kernel,
so add to your flags console=ttyS0

Second, as of 6.0 I don't think you can install over serial. The RedHat
installer will fail at some point because I think it needs the 4 virtual
terminals.

Put a VGA card in for install, then remove it and boot via serial. That's
the best way at the moment.

--rdp