Re: Milo * bootp

> Someone mentioned the existance of a bootp version of Milo earlier. Has
> someone worked on this, and is it available?

I put together a net-booting Milo and am satisfied that it works for
booting small numbers of systems.  However, I have not seen it boot a
large cluster simultaneously, there is no timeout-retry code in the TFTP
transfer, so it will not be reliable for booting clusters under heavy
network load.  An exercise for the reader...

I am currently distributing it on a small scale and in an unsupported
way.  However, Alpha-Linux already seems to be mired in a primordial
soup of OS loaders.  What would be the best policy for releasing such a
thing?

Share and enjoy,
Stig