Re: acrobat-Reader answers

Hello,
  The reason for encrypted files was for read only PDF files. That way
a company may release specs on to the web or to a customer and
the customer may not change them to resell or edit them, introduce
a bug, and then blame the originall document creator. Look on it
as portable write protection.

On a side note I never have trie to upgrade xpdf. I always thought acroread
(Note personal view point here) had a better interface. Includeing
the ability to just print.

Leslie Donaldson
/----------------------------\ Current Contractor: Onsite Engineering
|    Leslie F. Donaldson     | Current Customer  : Entergy - Nuclear GGNS
|    Computer Contractor     | Skills: Unix/OS9/VMS/Linux/SUN-OS/C/C++/assembly
| Have Computer will travel. | Curr   : http://www.cs.rose-hulman.edu/~donaldlf
\----------------------------/ Current Email  : donaldlf@cs.rose-hulman.edu
Goth Code V1.1: GoCS$$ TYg(T6,T9) B11Bk!^1 C6b-- P0(1,7) M+ a24 n--- b++:+
                H6'11" g m---- w+ r+++ D--~!% h+ s10 k+++ R-- Ssw LusCA++