Re: Multia modular sound: HOWTO

On Thursday, 22 Jul, Champigny, Michael wrote:

> Now, if you add dma2=1 it should allow you to use the full duplex features
> of this chip. But it looks like something is hosed in ad1848.c and I haven't
> had time to take a look.

It may depend on the actual chip used: full duplex is not supported for
the original AD1848.  See /proc/sound for the detected chip name;
(DUPLEX) should be indicated when two DMA channels are specified and the
chip is not AD1848.

On my AlphaStation 255 full duplex works fine with following settings:
options ad1848 io=0x530 irq=9 dma=0 dma2=1
This may be different on Multias, where as I always heard dma should be
set to 3.  The only channels generally available are 0, 1, and 3, that
gives only six combinations to try.

Nikita