Re: poor AHA-2940UW performance under Linux/Alpha?

> however, ULTRA scsi is a signal difference.  ALL devices on the channel have
> to support ultra scsi signalling, and if they don't then the 'lowest common
> denominator' for signalling is used.

Ahh... interesting.

> in your case, the wide channel is going to report 20 Mb because that is the
> physical width of the channel.  the narrow device obviously doesn't support
> the electrical signalling for ultra so it is slowing up your bus.

Well, I removed all non-Ultra devices from the bus, and tried to get it to
negotiate at ultra speeds... but, no such luck.

/me wonders if perhaps this is because he's using a differential drive on a
single ended bus through a bus converter...

Would that kill the ultra signalling on the way to the drive?

/Andrew