Re: Jensen boot question/problem

Jo,
	Try waiting a long time after "starting portmapper".  It doesn't look
like the ethernet driver is being installed.   If the portmapper is trying
to use the network without an ethernet devices, long timeouts will occur.

Since you can get it up in single user mode, I'll bet this is the problem.

Although it is not a long term solution, try just waiting (10-20 minutes just
to be sure)  and see if you can get a regular prompt.

If so, then you just have to figure out how to get your ethernet module
loaded and detected, and you should be all set!

--Phil

Compaq: Business Critical Servers Division/Benchmark Performance Engineering
---------------- Alpha, The Fastest Processor on Earth --------------------
Phillip.Ezolt@compaq.com        |C|O|M|P|A|Q|        ezolt@perf.zko.dec.com