Re: telnet to red hat 6.2 linux box from NT workstation in NT LAN

Please look in your /etc/inetd.conf file.  There should be a line that
looks like

telnet stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.telnetd

Make sure there is no "#" sign in front of it.

Since telnetd is run through tcpd check your /etc/hosts.allow and
/etc/hosts.deny files to make sure you are allowing connections.  For more
information on those files  do a "man hosts.deny"

I hope this helps

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 yu-kang_tsao@hp.com wrote:

> Hi :
>              My name is Yu-Kang Tsao, and I find your email address from
> redhat.com.
> I hope it is OK to ask you about linux.  I just install a redhat linux 6.2 on
> our NT LAN and I am trying to telnet to it from the NT workstation in our NT
> LAN.  But it refuses connection to it.  I type ps -ef | grep inetd | grep -v
> grep
> in the command line and it gives me this:  root 494 1 0 Jul 24? 00:00:00 inetd
> so that my inetd is running and I type telnet localhost, it gives me
>
> Trying 127.0.0.1 ...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused.
>
> Could you help me with that.  Thank you.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Nathan
>
> --

 \ Aaron Gee AKA Spdracer                                                 /
  \"Maseratis are more than cars, they are a passion that is understood  /
   \by some, but enjoyed by a very few"	                                /
    \URL---> http://www.italian-cars.com                               /
     \e-mail--> spdracer@america.com   Fax-->1 (904) 253 1006         /
				\  |  /
				 \_|_/