directory hardlinks

 This is not alpha spesific, but still... has anybody
 know how to get hardlinks to work with directories (or what
 is proper mail list to ask for); ... and yes, I really need
 hardlinks for directories.

 So far I have modified "fs/ext2/namei.c" to get ext2 to accept
 hardlinks, but obviously there is some issues with VFS ("fs/namei.c" ?)

 If I remove files from directory which is "pointed" by several
 entries from parent directory I can't create new files with same
 names; or actually I can, but files won't show up in the directory.

 I still can 'ls' them if I use full path; ex. "/tmp/test1/blah"
    -rw-rw-r--    0 root      root     14 Sep 28 19:39 /tmp/test1/blah

 as you see the link count is "0"? I think there is something out
 of sync in VFS's cache, but dunno what...