From: Jemiolo, John
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 7:30 AM
To: axp-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: serial console

on my xp1000, it run mingetty on the serial port..

add the following line to /etc/inittab  (you will see were, after the
other mingettys are)

add this--> S0:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty ttyS0

mingetty will run the console just fine.

Also add to /etc/securetty, the following entry

add this--> ttyS0

This will allow you to login as root through the serial port.

JJ