From: Jemiolo, John
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 3:06 PM
To: axp-list@redhat.com
Subject: 2.4.10 hang

I have just noticed I can hang the 2.4.10 kernel hard by doing a verify
on a cd burned using CD-Roast .98alpha9(test-release)

I burned the CD with no problem, but then went and did a verify of the
burned CD to the iso, and the system hangs hard at various points in the
task, requiring a reboot (init button).

Switching to the 2.4.3-12 Stock RH kernel, everything works fine No
system hangs...

The box is a xp1000, kernel is from kernel.org with netcape patch..

CD-rom is IDE using ide-scsi emulation..

JJ