Re: on Debian/Alpha

Your implication below is crazy.

First, the thread quoted is about a person trying to get an updated
package compiled into the present stable release 2.2r3 for subsequent
new stable release 2.2r4.  Apparently none of the Alpha developers
still has an old potato system (2.2r3) still around from which to
compile from.

[When was the last time RedHat updated packages for 6.x ? ]

Yours is a classic example of a quote taken out of context.

Second, the new stable release of Debian/Alpha will be 3.0 and is
presently being worked.  Below is a recent clip from the same
debian-alpha mailing list where a Debian/Alpha/Woody (3.0) CD has been
created as anyone is free to do using debian-cd.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2001/debian-alpha-200110/msg00001.html

Don't hold your breath.  New releases of Debian come in long intervals.

leap into deb

That sounds pretty good.  I like it.

--
James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.