Re: reiserfs on all my SRM-alpha drives: how I did it

Michal,

Do you have references you can cite on the problems people have had
with reiserfs?  Are these problems with some of the earlier versions?
I have not heard of any problems recently.

I am also aware of the other journaling filesystems available (ext3,
jfs (IBM), xfs (SGI)), but until these are in the kernel proper, I am
not interested in patching.  Are their plans to include any of these in
the kernel?  These may be better also and I have some good experiences
with both AIX and IRIX.

I also do daily backups on these systems with AMANDA.  So far though, I
have had absolutely no problems with reiserfs on either Intel or Alpha.

Thanks for the info...