AlphaServer 1000 Graphics

I'm trying to install RH 7.1 on an AlphaServer 1000 4/266 (Mikasa EV45).

I have problems configuring the graphics. 'Till now I wanted to use the
onboard video-ctrl.

Can somebody say what kind of SVGA-Controller I have to define in order to
get graphics running.
During installation I had to skip the graphics part as I wasn't able to get
any config accepted.
System is now running in character-mode.

I suppose I have to disable the onboard video-ctrl and plug in a
graphics-card (what type do you suggest?)

Hans