Re: Looking for a "good" video card for a DS5305

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 03:13:33PM -0500, Peter Petrakis wrote:

> What? No Matrox G200?  ;-).

Got one you want to loan me? ;-}

Seriously, though, both Millennium I and II do usually work, but they
are VERY hard to find these days, which is why I didn't mention them.

> I'm glad you brought up the Savage 4 card.  I have one in a UP1000
> here that I've yet to try. I'll see how that works out.  Atleast I
> won't have to deal with SPARSE issues.

Savage4 ought to work well in 2D on UP1000, and they are most likely
quite reasonable (mine is a Diamond Stealth III S540 PCI).

I don't know if there are any plans to do a DRI for it, so no 3D
AFAIK.

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K15         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com