seeking SRM device support info...

Buck Rekow rekow at bigskytel.com
Fri Apr 2 16:31:25 UTC 2004

  Jay,

Yeah, I wish to boot from the controller via SRM.  Right now I have an
adaptec 2985 (50 pin just like all my disks...) and use it to run extra
storage. my primary boot drive is an 8 gig quantum bigfoot. (boot sector
is hosed for PC for some reason, but it boots my alpha fine.)

I'm trying to set my box up to be both linux and vms compatible.

As to my kernel it's 2.4.19 made the "debian way" on debian (not so)
stable. in retrospect the problem may be due to the gcc that debian
insists on supplying with stable that includes gcc bug pr-9164. Keep in
mind it only occurs when the system shuts down, never during boot..

Also, I am writing an SRM howto designed to be more useful than the
other two out..
 It can be found linked from puresimplicity.net/~heviarti

 If anyone wants to contribute info, please feel free..

   Buck Rekow