Second IDE port not working on PC164

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Fri Apr 9 03:28:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:40:30 -0400 Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook at hp.com> wrote:

> PYXIS is the core logic (north bridge equiv) on LX and SX (and MIATA).
> Under certain conditions, DMA traffic could cause the hardware to hang.
> Early MIATA had the most problems, LX and SX many fewer, and final MIATA
> (aka MIATA-GL) none to speak of, due to amount of add-on hardware fixes.

Jay,

Are there any issues with a LX and cards with a PCI bridge chip on it?
The reason I ask is that I have a card that has USB, Firewire and
SATA on it.  They are behind the bridge and I never got the card
to work quite right.  USB 1.1 seems stable.  USB2 does a good
job at locking the box.  The SATA seems to get an I/O conflict -
"Error, MMIO ports already in use".  /proc/iomem shows the only
other device in the range is the bridge.  The PCI bridge chip is a
Hint Corp. HB1-SE33.

Thanks,
Alan