making an automatic choice in aboot?

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Fri Aug 13 23:14:13 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 05:36:09PM -0500, Arkadiy Chapkis - Arc wrote:
>   I knew it, but I forgot! So, quick qoogle search revealed:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2001/03/msg00066.html

This has only this problem that it is not a very convenent way if you
have to change something.

Actually _do not_ set boot_file and set boot_osflags to 0.  With aboot
installed and a correct /etc/aboot.conf this will boot automatically an
entry flagged '0' from that file if auto_action was set to BOOT and a
proper bootdef_dev.  If you want to change something then edit
aboot.conf or break boot and pass 'fl -i' to SRM to get aboot into an
"interactive" mode.  Details in 'aboot' documentation but for a sample
configuration file look at the first installation CD.

Searching archives of this group would likely get a better answer.

  Michal