Alpha Source Code?

Bert de Bruijn bob at ccl.kuleuven.be
Sun Dec 5 09:52:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Dialup Jon Norstog wrote:

> To the list, and particularly the Alpha Core guys:
>
> Did you use the AMD64-bit source code, or the i86 sources? I was thinkin about
> taking a crack at compiling open office if I don't have to mess around with
> the sources too much.
>
> Or is it the same source code?

the .spec files are the same. There may be x86_64 specific patches in spec
files, or just specific build options/switches for x86_64.

Wrt openoffice, fc3 doesn't have a 64 bit version of openoffice included.
It's a i386 package even in the x86_64 build.

--
/* Bert de Bruijn        E-mail at home: bert at debruijn.be           */
/* * * * *  What will I think of me the day that I die ? * * * * */