Fedora from Mike Barnes

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Tue Jul 13 00:48:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 05:25:29PM -0500, Arkadiy Chapkis - Arc wrote:

> 3. Install packages with rpm -Uh --root=/mnt/root  This step was most
> time consuming as I didn't want to install everything and at the same
> time wanted to follow dependencies.

Once you installed enough to get yum running after chroot then you could
have use that to install the rest.  yum does resolve dependencies and it
will run with a URL of 'file://' kind in its configuration where a
content of that URL is an absolute path to a directory where your
'headers' are (and you can recreate that information at any moment with
a help of yum-arch).

> Unfortunately I didn't write down the order, but I guess it's part of
> anaconda's config.

The above would save you quite a bit of time. 'anaconda' actually
installs using '--nodeps'.  A version of rpm used in Fedora has also an
'--aid' option but that requires that 'rpmdb' package is installed.

  Michal