Fedora Core 2

Arc C. achapkis at dls.net
Sat Jul 24 05:08:54 UTC 2004

 Hello all,

  After running Mike's Fedora for a while I've got a few problems. Here they
are:
1) cannot run screen - it just gives "unalign trap" in /var/log/messages and
clears the display. Have to kill the process to get the prompt back. This
happens even if I re-build screen from srpm
	screen(315): unaligned trap at 000000012001ba58: 000000011fff9ffc 29
11

2) Cannot access smb-mounted FS. It does let me mount it, but when I do df, ls
or any other command on that mountpoint, it say's "permission denied".
Re-compiled latest samba from sources, but still have the same problem.
Suspect kernel module.

3) Sound. Some of KDE programms. Some of gnome programms (evolution). This is
not a problem anymore as I decided to use this machine as a server and removed
all desktops from it.

  If anyone knows how to fix some of the above (especially 1), please email.

  Thank you,