alpha clustering

Helge Kreutzmann kreutzm at itp.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jun 8 15:12:50 UTC 2004

Hello,
I have never used Oscar. Did you try build the newer srpms as required
on your system, e.g. downloading them from a newer release of RedHat
and building them on 7.1?

We use here SGE (Sun Grid Engine). It is a powerfull distributed
queing system. Together with some shared storage this is a nice
maintainable system. It is very nice, especially if you have a mixed
environment (i386/alpha). The downside is that you probably need a few
days configuring/installing it if you've never seen it before. So I'd
suggest sticking with Oscar and going the route of rebuilding the
dependencies.

Greetings

           Helge
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann at itp.uni-hannover.de