Alpha Newbie needs help netbooting linux

Hi all,
I've got several Alphaserver 2100 that needs to be retrofitted with newer
scsi drives so I can put Linux on it as a cluster. The scsi card that came
with the machine is too old and doesn't seems to support newer scsi
drives, so I tried to add adaptec 2940U2W series cards into them.
However, the SRM bios can't see them but once I boot into Linux using RH
CD images, the drives are totally functional, which means I can't use them
as  bootdisks, and since the original drives from digital are mostly
failing,  I need to rely on netboot to serve the boot images, then I can
access all the files on local disks.

Can someone give me a few pointers on how to do it ?
I've been googling for quite a few days and have yet to find anything
helpful :(

Thanks.

Tim.