kernel 2.6.9

Balint Cristian rezso at rdsor.ro
Fri Nov 19 09:05:57 UTC 2004

On Friday 19 November 2004 09:13, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Sergey !

> I have 2.6.9 running on AlphaStation 200 with partial self-build Fedore
> Core 3. Glibc is taken from alphacore (just because
> linuxthreads support is broken in latest glibc for alpha).

What gcc have ?
Newer than 3.4.1 ?

 I am curious because we still don't get so far with our devel
because of too much errors and issues with this gcc.

> sashka wrote:
>
> > Hi, has anyone had any luck successfully building 2.6.9 under alphacore?

 Sometime work, on my Miata e. not boot right, i still think that some modif to cia_core and other modif
broke working on few machines.

> > It compiles ok, but won’t boot. I’m not sure what the problem is.

On serial console can see something ?
Please try latest bk or at least 2.9.10-rc2, with a serial attached, and if see something, report it.

> > Any clues will be much appreciated.

Unfortunatley there are few alpha kernel hackers, it depend on a right bug report and on time they have.

~cristian